Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Unknown bonding …unknown blessing…

For a change this morning I had been to temple as momma wasn’t feeling well…She would go otherwise ;)

I am goingto this siddhi vinayak temple from my 10th standard though not regularly.

So what?

Today a strange incidence happened. I was waiting for the priest to come to offer the flowers I had with me. While I was entering, a septuagenarian old man, started talking to me saying why I wasn’t coming to temple often and why I was not seen for so many days. I was initially skeptical with whom was this old man talking to. I asked him: “Are you talking to me?” He said: “Yes, of course you”.

He started talking to me as though he knew me from many years and was saying that I always have seen you when you come here and you never talked to me. But Today I made up my mind to talk to you. I was really surprised! I have never noticed that man observing me. Hmm…I was still skeptical as to why this old man was talking like this? Puzzled look!

We spoke for about 10 minutes, after which he himself said that I resemble his grand daughter and that’s why he wanted to talk to me. He referred me as his grand daughter to the priest also. Me with a relieved look started knowing more about him.

He wished me all the best luck for my GMAT (which is very soon June 28th) and also offered me blessings which was the best part of the meeting. He also told me never to go without talking to him when I go the temple! That was a hospitable meeting that still mesmerizes me!

24 comments:

Jewel Rays said...

Tats interesting and wow. To think people notice us when we hardly even know we are being noticed. :) thats a nice meeting though. Pretty touching.

Anand said...

Hey,
That was pretty sweet!
Sometimes these strange coincidences make the day so much more pleasant!

Rajat said...

you never know when good things come to you in the form of strange things ...

Anonymous said...

that guy is the god in disguise..... ;)))

White Forest said...

Jewel rays....yeah very true

..."To think people notice us when we hardly even know we are being noticed..."
this is amazingly true...

somewhere someone is noticing us all the time :D

White Forest said...

you bet Anand!

He made my day!

White Forest said...

Rajat..I agree...never know..

BUt i was pleasantly surprised!

White Forest said...

Cud be anonymous :D

Jackal said...

are u talking to me :)) all the best for ur GMAT....tcc

White Forest said...

@Jackal ...
:))

THank you!

Ekta said...

Hey how sweet!
This was indeed a nice experience!
Sometimes these little incidents just remain with us and bring a smile on our faces everytime we think about them!

White Forest said...

yeah ..so true ekta :)

Shikha said...

I know the feeling..when u pick up an unexpected but sweet conversation with someone:)

Known Stranger said...

sidi vinayak of dadar. right. when ever i come to mumbai shahs office i visit the temple and when i was on the job hunt - i had seen ques standing from dadar station on tuesdays till the temple gate. i used to think how mad adn crazy people are going. But faith is what makes a man to live with hopes. and nothing wrong if one gets the hope in having faith on sidhi viniyak.

So you are giving your GMAT. congrades. Last year i gave my CAT. Gmat i have to try once and get the self satisfcation i am able to crack GMAT too...

ISB ? a choice or .. planning for Haward ?

Neha said...

wow.. this is interesting..
this world is wierd.. in a nice way at times :)

Unknown!!! said...

haha....saw the unknown bonding and blessing...was wondering when did i bless u..:D....interesting....nice experience....at the same time careful buddy...u can never believe anyone these days...

And yes...All the best for ur Gmat!..

Vizz said...

Best of Lucks for your GMAT Ratna, Great to see you keep trying.

Vizz said...

And of course, that was God Checking whether you are worthy of GMAT :=()

White Forest said...

shikha - :)

neha - :)

White Forest said...

Known Stranger ...

This is siddi vinayak temple of rajajinagar 6th block, bangalore :D

voww..nice to know you were into CAT..so was I :)

ISB - still a choice :P

White Forest said...

Unknown - haha :)

Thanks!

White Forest said...

Visakh...Thank you!

That was so nice of you :)

prem said...

ya thats an incidence never to forget...:)

The abstract scientist said...

sweet